Sunday, August 12, 2007

Moving Part III

The moving drama continued yesterday, with Phase Two now complete. For all those who don't remember, I had moved in with friends temporarily for 10 days, while my new apartment became available for moving in. It did, yesterday, and I moved in.
I was helped by my friends, who (I have to shamefully admit) carried more stuff than I did to the new apartment, Chaparosa. One of them had a car, luckily, so multiple trips under the sun weren't realized. They all helped me carry almost everything I owned into the new apartment, and now I'm all settled in. In a manner of speaking.
I still have everything to unpack. I was too lazy to do it yesterday, and am planning to go shopping for groceries now, so I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I have to unpack my clothes (which shouldn't take long, since there aren't too many of them) and books (now that's the one I'm scared about -- there's waaaaay too many of them).
I like my apartment though. I like the stairs the best. Ever since I was little, I've always wanted a house with stairs in it. I spent half the day yesterday skipping upstairs and downstairs, and reveling in it, though my legs were starting to ache slightly toward the end of the day! I spent part of the day curled up in a little corner underneath the staircase, listening to Bob Marley, and just drifting away, almost imagining I was in Jamaica....until I looked outside the window, and saw a Capital Metro UT Shuttle ramble past!
It's been nice moving in. I guess I should get back to unpacking now.......

No comments: